Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Friendship


I woke up today knowing that it's one of my best friend's bdays and I'm reminded of all of the blessings that have come from her life and her testimony as a woman who loves God. The gift of a good friend in this life is something that should never be taken for granted. A priceless gift of relationship that goes far beyond even the ties of bloodand obligation that we call family. To choose a friend to go through life with speaks boldly of deep trust and faith in another. You work hard to establish roots that go deep and are nourished by the process of time, laughter, common ground, hardship, ease, and tears. Once roots are firmly in place...you can weather any storm. Storms of distance and of weird traits, of mistakes and unforeseen trials. The ebb and flow of true friendship washes up along our lives in a constant tide of renewal and undiscovered strength. For this I am thankful. For my friends, I am thankful. (and Happy Birthday Shell!)

No comments: